LAST UPDATED 8/30/06 10:04AM MST

The Mexican meteorological authorities have advised us that Hurricane John is tracking along the west coast of Mexico and a hurricane watch has been declared in the Puerto Vallarta region. If necessary and instructed by the proper authorities, we will evacuate our guests to a shelter designated to us by the local civil protection authorities. We foresee this to happen during the day on Thursday however this could change quickly. Since a hurricane watch has been declared, AMResorts has started its “hurricane prevention” action plan for Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and we are taking a proactive approach towards Dreams Los Cabos although a hurricane watch has not yet been declared.

First and foremost, the security and safety of our guest is always, and remains, the highest priority. We will keep the guests informed of the status of the storm and all efforts will be made to protect, shelter and feed our guests during any emergency situation.
As part of our action plan, please be informed that we are in the process of securing shelter for all guests and each shelter will provide food, non-alcoholic beverages, water and toilet facilities. Hotel executives and staff will accompany our guests at all times to ensure everyone is kept as comfortable as possible. We will make all efforts to assist those guests wishing to depart the destination earlier than scheduled and will work closely with our airline and operator partners in order to do so.
Also, we would like to remind you of our hurricane policy as follows:
IN HOUSE GUESTS DEPARTING EARLY: Guests who choose to depart early from the destination will be credited for the unused nights that can be applied towards a future stay.
GUESTS SCHEDULED BUT UNABLE TO DEPART: Guests who are unable to depart due to the storm and cancellation of flights will be offered accommodations on a complimentary basis for the first night after returning from the shelter. Each additional night will be at a rate of US$99 per night all-inclusive to be paid directly at the hotel.
GUESTS SCHEDULED BUT UNABLE TO ARRIVE: Guests who are unable to arrive due to the storm and cancellation of flights or airport closure will be able to arrive on a later date with the following options:
Arrive on first available flights after the storm and simply take the same number of nights confirmed at the same rate
Hold a credit of the unused nights for a future stay
GUESTS CHOOSING TO RESCHEDULE: AMResorts will honor the current rates up to December 22, 2006 based upon availability.
GUESTS CHOOSING A DIFFERENT AMRESORTS DESTINATION: Guests can choose to enjoy their holiday at Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa in Cancun, Secrets Capri in the Riviera Maya or Sunscape The Beach in Punta Cana, based upon availability. Guests choosing Sunscape The Beach will be accommodated in a category equal to or better than the Master Suite with outdoor Jacuzzi.